After going through milestones of trainings, we found something that really works. Based on this knowledge, we organized our training process into 3 stages, which is way above industry standard:
1 Stage: In Classroom Training and Programmed Instructions
- Every licensed employee will have to take the LATEST security officer training class, which takes minimum 10 hours to complete. It also includes quizzes, videos, lectures, and exam.
- Programmed instructions – a self, directed learning (books, manuals, etc). This training is individualized and helps employees logically organized and structure information
2 Stage: On-the-Job Training followed by Classroom Training on Specialized Security.
Usually on-the-job training is not the most impressive thing for companies, mainly because it is so often done wrong: there is no clear guidelines, trainers might be experienced but not knowledgeable enough, luck of motivation and follow up. These are the following steps that we use to overcome on-the-job training problems to achieve success:
- Create well structured training environment with realistic goals.
- Plan a specific training schedule for each employee, as well as periods for evaluations and feedback.
- Establish a non threatening, motivational atmosphere. Only highly knowledgeable and experienced managers can conduct the training.
- It is very important to properly define job performance criteria.
- We don’t stop at the moment when training is complete, we periodically conduct evaluations.
3 Stage: Audio -Visual Methods.
Audio-visual methods – happens when manager records an employee on the post. This method is great because, trainers and trainees can view on-the-spot-recording and get immediate feedback.
While training process may vary, based on the client requirements and its location, it generally follows that 3 stages. Note: Because of the longevity and costs of these training, it applies only to the long term clients and strategic partnerships.
Nothing is more important to us then security of our Clients.